Our Vision & Values
At Woodside Primary School and Nursery, we make every moment count, for every child, by providing stimulating, purposeful learning experiences, through a carefully-constructed curriculum, delivered within a safe and nurturing environment.
At Woodside Primary School and Nursery we:
- encourage the development of kind and compassionate individuals who care for themselves, each other and the wider world.
- provide a culture for aspirational learners who embrace opportunities and strive to be the best they can be.
- celebrate success, champion curiosity and build resilience to provide the foundations for life-long achievement.
|Promote physical and mental well-being||Create an ethos where everyone feels valued and confident to take risks||Provide a stimulating curriculum which fosters the development of key skills.|
|Respond swiftly to individual needs with high quality specialist support||Break down barriers to encourage achievement for all||Maintain a focus on high quality teaching and learning.|
|Build positive relationships by respecting and understanding diversity within and beyond the school community.||Enrich curriculum activities that provide aspirational role models.||Facilitate interests and provide opportunities that ignites a passion for learning.|
Woodside strives through its curriculum and ethos to prepare our children for, and appreciate life in modern Britain. The British values of: Democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect, and tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs; are central to this philosophy.
Woodside Primary School aims to serve its community by:
- providing for and encouraging a child’s intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual and moral development within a caring and stimulating environment;
- providing a broad balanced education to its children aged between 2+ and 11+ years, in accordance with the National Curriculum;
- giving equal opportunity for pupils of all abilities in all areas of school life;
- ensuring as far as we possibly can, a safe, secure and enjoyable learning environment;
- encouraging family involvement in the life of the school and its community;
- co-operating with agencies whose expertise can enhance the task of educating our pupils;
- communicating with parents and guardians personally, and via the school newsletter, the “Woodside Post”;
- providing opportunities for parents to discuss their child’s educational progress at open evenings in the Autumn and Spring Terms;
- ensuring that there is always a senior member of staff available to deal with enquiries, by telephone or by personal callers;
- encouraging parents/carers, governors and others in the local community to play an active part in supporting the children and their school;
- providing opportunities for staff to develop professionally;preparing the children for the secondary phase of their education
- Promoting British Values
We promote the British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs, through our school values, curriculum and enrichment activities.