Privacy Notice & GDPR
Pupil Privacy Notice
We collect and hold personal information relating to our pupils and may also receive information about them from their previous school, local authority and/or the Department for Education (DfE).
We use this personal data to:
- support our pupils' learning
- monitor and report on their progress
- provide appropriate pastoral care, and
- assess the quality of our services.
This information will include their contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information, any exclusion information, where they go after they leave us and personal characteristics such as their ethnic group, any special educational needs they may have, as well as relevant medical information.
Data Sharing with Outside Agencies
We occasionally need to share information with outside agencies. This is always assessed as to the need and risk of sharing data. Any data shared is minimal, and we take steps to ensure the security of the data and privacy of individuals.
When West Bromwich Albion Foundation deliver physical education within our curriculum, we provide minimal information to them about the pupils that take part in these lessons. The information provided is limited to the child's first name and year group.
COVID 19 UPDATE - Wonde provides access to personal data from the school’s management information system to manage the issuing of free school meal vouchers.
For further information please see our policy below: HVT Model Privacy Notice and DPIA documents, including Pupil Privacy Notice.
Please also be aware that we monitor visitors to our School Site via CCTV monitors. These images are retained for 30 days before deletion. Please see our CCTV Policy below for additional information.
Privacy statement re Temporary Mobile Data Allowance Requests
1. For the purposes of data protection, I need to let you know that the Department for Education (DfE) is running the Mobile Network Offer through schools and their trusts or local authorities.
2. If the offer is taken up by an adult account holder, the school or social care team will share the account holder’s name and mobile phone details with the DfE, who will share these with the relevant mobile network operator.
3. The mobile network operator will use that information to increase the data available for the account holder’s mobile device, as long as they qualify for the offer.
4. The adult account holder’s personal data is only shared with their mobile network operator for the purposes of the offer. No names of children or other adults, other than adult account holder, are shared with the DfE or the mobile network operator.
5. No personal information will be shared with the DfE if you do not want to take up the offer.
6. If you want to know more about how your personal information will be used before you take up the offer, we can send that to you first.
7. If you decide to take up the offer, you’ll get a text message from the Department for Education with more information about your data protection rights.