SEND - Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities
We offer a wealth of support to children who are identified has having Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND). We liaise closely with outside agencies such as Speech and Language therapists, Learning Support Services, Educational Psychologists and Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). Below are links and documents detailing the services they offer. Our SEND Policy, information statement and Medical Needs Policy, as well as our Accessibility Plan can be found on our Policies page by clicking this link : Policies
Our Assistant Headteacher for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities is Mrs H Jennings.
Useful SEND Websites
- www.autism.org.uk – The National Autistic Society website, the main UK charity for supporting people with ASD and their families (contains lots of useful advice and resources)
- www.special-needs-kids.co.uk – An information directory for parents and carers
- www.autismuk.com – Lots of information on ASD
- www.autismspeaks.org – A comprehensive site, with a useful resource library
- http://hypermobility.org/about-us - Hypermobility Syndrome Association provides specific information for children and their parents to help families who often just don’t know where to turn
- http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk - The BDA is the voice of dyslexic people
- ttps://www.specialneedsjungle.com - Special Needs Jungle provides parent-centred information, news, special needs resources and informed opinion about SEND
- https://www.sendgateway.org.uk - The home of Whole School SEND - hosted by nasen
Complaints or concerns with reference to Special Educational Needs
If a parent or carer has any cause for concern or complaint regarding the care or welfare of their child, an appointment can be made to speak to a senior member of staff in line with our complaints policy.