Our school meals are offered and operated by the local authority - Dudley Catering Services.
The cost of a school meal is £2.40 per child, per day. From March 2021 we have a new online ordering system via Parentmail (see below).
Your child may be able to get free school meals for your child if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to receive a government funded school meal. However, you should still apply for free school meals if you receive any of the benefits listed above, as school will receive additional funding and the free school meal entitlement will apply throughout their primary education.
You should apply directly to Dudley Free School Meals via this link
If you are experiencing any problems applying online please pop into the school office as we have some forms printed and we can send them off for you.
School Meals Ordering System
From week commencing 15th March 2021 all school meals must be ordered and paid for via Parentmail. No cash will be accepted.
Due to Covid 19, currently there is a reduced menu in place. You will be able to select your choice of one hot meal with vegetarian or halal option, jacket potato with a selection of fillings or a choice of grab bag (sandwiches with a choice of 3 fillings). Each child will also receive the dessert of the day which will not need to be pre-ordered.
- You will receive an order form via Parentmail which will include a payment request.
- Please, if possible, order and pay for a week's meals at a time.
- Orders must be placed at least 24 hours prior to the date the meal is required.
- Order forms will not be open on the day. Please remember to place your order in advance.
- If your child is in receipt of benefits awarded or Universal Free School Meals you must still order online. There will be np payment option for these orders but children will not receive a meal if you have not re-ordered them.
- If you have outstanding arrears, your account will show as a debit and this will need to be paid with your order.
- If your child is bringing a packed lunch from home it is important that you select the 'no option' button.